[Talk-GB] Postcode finder based on OSM data

Derick Rethans osm at derickrethans.nl
Thu Mar 17 11:13:08 GMT 2011

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011, Matt Williams wrote:

> On 16 March 2011 21:16, Tim François <timhafrancois at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Good work!
> >
> > I just tried searching based on house number and street name, and it didn't
> > work if I didn't capitalise the first letters of the street name. Is this a
> > feature or a bug?
>
> That would probably be a bug. I've now made it a case-insentitive
> search which also matches sub-strings. Thanks for trying it.

That doesn't work for me yet for the house number:

http://milliams.dev.openstreetmap.org/postcodefinder/search/?housenumber=63G&streetname=victoria+road
vs
http://milliams.dev.openstreetmap.org/postcodefinder/search/?housenumber=63g&streetname=victoria+road

Also, sometimes a point has multiple addresses. I have separated those
by a ;. Right now, it doesn't split on the ; (or , I guess) to be able
to find both addresses:

http://milliams.dev.openstreetmap.org/postcodefinder/house/way/69081058/63;63A/

cheers,
Derick