[Talk-GB] Postcode finder based on OSM data

Ed Avis eda at waniasset.com
Thu Mar 17 12:55:57 GMT 2011

Derick Rethans <osm at ...> writes:

>>For a common address, such as "2 High Street", you return multiple
>>results, with no obvious distinguishing feature. Please include the
>>"addr:city" value in the results (if present);

>Actually, "city" wouldn't always work. There are f.e. 3 "Victoria Road"s
>in London.

Yes, I found this to my cost when trying to view a house in 'Victoria Road,
West Hampstead' as the estate agent put it.  There is no such street - but there
is one near your house in nearby Kilburn.

By matching up OSM data with average house prices, it might be possible to make
a filter translating estate-agent-speak to normal addresses.

--
Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com>