[Talk-GB] new ITO Map service in beta

Ed Avis eda at waniasset.com
Fri Mar 18 17:21:54 GMT 2011

Peter Miller <peter.miller at ...> writes:

>Does the highlighting still work when POIs are mapped as a point
>instead of an area?

>No - unfortunately we can't do anything with nodes yet.

Understood.  Nowadays the Bing imagery is good enough that schools and
churches (though perhaps not all shops or restaurants) can be traced
as buildings or areas, even though in the early days of OSM it was
normal to make a node for them.

One of the useful armchair tasks that can be done with the Bing
imagery is to hunt for such POIs mapped as a node and where the
building shape is obvious, trace it and move the tags to the building.
I don't believe there is currently a 'lint' map that suggests such
candidates.

--
Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com>