[Talk-GB] Postcode finder updates - postal addresses, house maps and error maps

Matt Williams lists at milliams.com
Sun Mar 20 15:06:05 GMT 2011

I've made a few updates to the postcode finder [1]. There's a mixture
of fixes suggested by you people and some other features I'd been
planning on implementing anyway.

The new things:
- Postal address-like info on house pages [2]. It's not very extensive and for
  many houses you'll only get housenumber, streetname and postalcode but for
  ones with addr:city you'll get that too. I wish I had a nice way of getting
  more info.
- Map of house location on house info pages [2]
- Error map [3].

Things suggested in the other thread:
- Case-insensitive search
- Add addr:city to search results
- Badly formed postcodes are now errors

The errors on the map are the same as those which are shown on the
house and street pages. Of course these 'errors' should be taken with
a pinch of salt but make what use of them you can.If anyone has any
suggestions for things to flag or ignore, please let me know.

The error map can also be a bit slow due to the database queries
needed so be patient.

--
Matt Williams
http://milliams.com