[Talk-GB] Postcode finder updates - postal addresses, house maps and error maps

Matt Williams lists at milliams.com
Sun Mar 20 15:31:36 GMT 2011

On 20 March 2011 16:20, Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu> wrote:
> On 20/03/11 15:06, Matt Williams wrote:
>
>> The errors on the map are the same as those which are shown on the
>> house and street pages. Of course these 'errors' should be taken with
>> a pinch of salt but make what use of them you can.If anyone has any
>> suggestions for things to flag or ignore, please let me know.
>
> It's complaining about:
>
>  http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/89803436
>
> with the following:
>
>  "Could not convert one of 6A or 6D to an integer"
>
> but addr:interpolation is "alphabetic" so I think what it there is fine?

Yup, you're right. I simply haven't implemented
addr:interpolation=alphabetic yet due to a lack of consistency with
how it's used. However, cases like the one you link are easily
parsable so I'll be sure to process those soon.

You'll have to ignore errors like that for now, sorry about the noise.

--
Matt Williams
http://milliams.com