[Talk-GB] SureStart Children's Centres

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Mon Mar 21 16:42:12 GMT 2011

Steve wrote:

> How do you tag these? I confess I don't really know what they are.

I'd be tempted to make up a tag, or maybe use designation= as I
think often the centres are primarily something else.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/Preschooldevelopmentandlearning/
NurseriesPlaygroupsReceptionClasses/DG_173054
says what they are, and I know the nursery where my son goes has the
logo on the outside, but they are definitely a nursery first and
provide a room for the weekly health visitor where very young
children can go and have their regular weigh-in. Doing a search for
other centres locally and one is a kindergarten and the other is a
family centre (whatever one of those is, but sounds like some
council provided facility and an OSM wiki search suggests to me
amenity=social_facility may be appropriate for that one.)

Ed