[Talk-GB] Other Routes with Public Access

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Mar 24 09:37:19 GMT 2011

On 24/03/11 09:10, Mike Harris wrote:

> PLEASE do not remove the ORPA designations - they are meaningful and
> important (in the UK). An ORPA is a way that is not a "public right of
> way" (i.e. public footpath, public bridleway, restricted byway or 'byway
> open to all traffic') but nevertheless has legal rights for at least
> pedestrian use.

Nobody has questioned the importance of the information or whether it
should be recorded.

What has been questioned is whether the information that a particular
path has that designation has come from a legitimate unencumbered source
that we are able to use or whether it has come from sources which are
subject to copyright and/or database right and which hence should not
have been used.

If the information has been acquired in a legitimate way then I don't
think anybody has a problem with it staying - if it hasn't then it will
need to be removed.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)