[Talk-GB] 'couldn't load map' in Potlatch2

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Sun May 1 13:37:22 BST 2011

On 1 May 2011 11:57, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:

> Peter Miller wrote:
> > Anyone else getting this and have any other information or work-rounds?
>
> It's actually an API issue rather than a P2 issue. P2 is simply saying
> either "the API refused to send any data" or "I couldn't get any response
> from the API". Tom has recently committed a change that will echo the API's
> error message to the screen when this happens; if you get such an
> (extended)
> message, do report it.
>
> P1 works differently because it uses a separate part of the API. This seems
> to suffer less from random outages, but is slower in general because it
> uses
> Rails rather than Matt's aw3s0m3 cgimap power.

Thanks for the clarification. Let me take this opportunity to thank you for
what must have been a huge amount of work by yourself and others getting P2
up and running and congratulations on it 'graduating' to become the default
editor.

I find it a pleasure to use and I am still finding more tricks and
short-cuts.

Regards,

Peter