[Talk-GB] On footpaths

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Thu May 5 11:20:45 BST 2011

>To me, the most significant thing about that map is that it demonstrates
>how vast swathes of the UK have almost no footpath data at all.

True, it shows how the paths are nicely concentrated in the south-east, the Manchester area, and the National Parks. Time for some footpath parties, or getting people interested in (say) the southwest?

Also shows how the UK, the Netherlands and the German-speaking countries appear to lead the way in Europe as a whole.

Nick