[Talk-GB] OS & OSM die by side with National Grid eastings & northings Re: OS grid positions

Bunny lists at j12.org
Tue May 10 19:48:29 BST 2011

On Monday 09 May 2011 11:44:05 ael wrote:
> I have been encouraging a friend to use OSM. He has just mailed in
> puzzlement after trying to find an OS grid reference (presumably
> looking at mapnik).

OSM along side OS with 'Where's the Path':
http://ur1.ca/44y1f
with OS Nat Grid co-ordinations in box on bottom left.
Toogle grid on (or off) top right.

I like the National Grid.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Ordnance_Survey_National_Grid

It allows on to quickly do rough calc of distances between places in m or km,
or least a feal for them, that I just don't have with long / lat but maybe
that is becuase I use National Grid refs daily at work.

cheers
Micah

--
http://j12.org/sb/