[Talk-GB] OS Opendata names copied in Harrow

Andrew andrewhainosm at hotmail.co.uk
Wed May 18 13:01:01 BST 2011

An editor has cleared the OSL difference analysis in the London Borough of
Harrow (http://www.itoworld.com/product/data/osm_analysis/area?name=Harrow)
with the unusually low score of 5 not:names out of 1800. As someone who used
to live in the area, I find some of the names that were put onto the map
surpising, for instance the road I’ve always known as Paines Lane
(http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/8609572). When I asked the editor
concerned where the names had come from I was told that the names had come
from OS Opendata and sometimes visits to the streets. Paines Lane may not have
been one of the streets the editor visited because it is spelt that way on all
of its street signs.

--
Andrew