[Talk-GB] Kent Pharmacy, OSM Validation

TimSC mapping at sheerman-chase.org.uk
Wed May 25 22:44:50 BST 2011

On 25/05/11 22:33, Chris Hill wrote:
> That data looks to be four and a half years old. Importing it en masse
> seems inappropriate to me.

The point is it's massively more complete than OSM. Correcting the
imported data would be easier than surveying from scratch. OSM goes out
of date faster than we are actually surveying! (at least with respect to
pharmacies)

But I found a slight snag with the terms and conditions included with
the PDF: "Terms of use - it is permitted to incorporate data from the
nhs.uk and this site into software or computer systems used by any
person or body performing statutory functions under, or by virtue of,
legislation relating to the NHS."

So it seems the national data set is not open data at all! Anyone have
any experience in this?

TimSC