[Talk-GB] New Year outdoor mapping idea - Llangollen, North Wales

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Fri Nov 4 16:22:48 GMT 2011

Hello everyone,

I have a week I can take off immediately after new year, so was wondering whether anyone would be interested in a countryside-orientated mapping party then. I know it's not the ideal time of year for outdoor events, but I thought starting the new year with a mapping party would be more interesting than going straight back to the grind of normality.

Because it's close to where I'll be staying over Christmas, I was thinking of the Llangollen area in North Wales. While not as well known as Snowdonia, etc, it is a very nice area with a mixture of moorlands, hills/mountains and river valleys, and has barely been touched by OSM just yet. Providing there is accommodation available, I was thinking of 3 days or so, maybe 1/2/3 or 2/3/4 January.

Would anyone be interested in this?

Thanks,
Nick