[Talk-GB] Drinking Map of UK

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 22:46:01 GMT 2011

Hi Folks,

> Okay.
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_United_Kingdom_Breweries

With some help from Craig Loftus, and a bottle of Old Speckled Hen, I have
set up a first go at a UK BrewMap rendering, using the craft=brewery |
industry=brewery | microbrewery=yes scheme.  You should be able to see it
at http://brewmap.maps3.org.uk.

Please have a go at beaking it for me and let me know how you succeed (it
has only had rudimentary testing).
There are still plenty of things to do to it - I have identified some on
the Things to Do section on Craig's wiki page, but when you spot other
improvements, please let me know, or raise an issue on the project
github<https://github.com/jones139/BrewMap>page.   Any offers of help
on the styling side (icons, css etc.
appreciated).

I have also included a
link<http://brewmap.maps3.org.uk/client/tagQueries.html>to some
analysis of things that I think may be breweries, but are not
tagged according to the scheme on the wiki page - if you have some local
knowledge of any of them, please add the relevant tags to them, which will
make them disappear from the 'tagQueries' list and show up on the map.  The
data updates every 10 minutes, but you need to refresh your browser window
to see any changes.

Regards

Graham.

--