[Talk-GB] Beta test of cycling date merge-tool

Kev js1982 osm at kevswindells.eu
Wed Nov 16 14:08:20 GMT 2011

Just had a quick look at the Nottingham one - seams to be an even bigger
work of fiction than the local cycle maps produced by the council (unless
council publications override "public footpath" signs) - one jumping out
straight away is the A60 trunk road (from the BBC Island through to West
Bridgford) being marked as an LCN - the are no cycle facilities along the
route from what I can remember (defiantly no lanes, can't remember ASLs,
and no signs except where a signed LCN crosses the road).

Unless anything has changed in the last eight weeks or so the area in West
Bridgford (inside the area bounded by A52/River Trent) - apart from the
area round Emmanual/Beckett Schools - Open Cycle Map currently reflects the
On The Ground reality (aside from a few ASLs).

I assume the general premise of on the ground mapping still applies -
although it would be useful to fill a couple of gaps where the signing is
ambiguous where there are two valid routes!

Is there anyway to hide the foreground layer as I don't seam to be able to
click the background one once the foreground has loaded.

Is compressed gravel along grass with no real edging really surface=dirt,
not to sure about one part of NCN15 near me - parts of the line are
defiantly mud (well water usually - get tempted to take it natural=lake at
times!) about 50cm wide, but the newer bit over the flood defences is
defiantly compressed gravel!  The DFT data has the post flood defences work
layout.

Kev