[Talk-GB] Drinking Map of UK

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 19:42:38 GMT 2011

> I have just added Craig's address lookup code to the BrewMap popups, along
>> with some changes I have made to the key and statistics bits.
>>

> Oh, this is a bit of a shame in my view. Now the map shows the address for
> this brewery, which has no address info in OSM (
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/1394002177) but not for this
> brewery, which has all the relevant address data (
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/1509609059).
>
> Shouldn't the map be encouraging people to add in that data? It's not hard
> to discover.
>
> I see what you mean - hadn't really thought about it that way - just
trying to get the best information available out of the database.   If it
is failing on something that has address data in the database though, it
sounds wrong.

Let me give some thought to how to do it - maybe if there is address data
we should use that, otherwise fall back on a nominatim derived address with
it drawn differently and a 'please fix the address' note.....

Graham.

--
Graham Jones
Hartlepool, UK.