[Talk-GB] Drinking Map of UK

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 21:03:14 GMT 2011

On 22 November 2011 20:46, Craig Loftus <craigloftus+osm at googlemail.com>wrote:

> > It is a bit of an abuse of the tag, but makes sense to me, so how
> > about brewery=no?
>
> I think this is backwards. There is nothing wrong with naming
> something a brewery but it not being one. The marker should be applied
> to the tagQuery list, similar to Keepright. You could then write more
> exclusion rules if a pattern emerges from the entries being marked.

You are right a separate exclusions list just for this map would be the
most 'correct' thing to do to save putting spurious tags in the OSM
database.  I was being lazy though - a check for brewery!='no' tag is
trivial to implement, whereas a way of allowing users to add items to an
exclusions list takes a bit more doing (at least if we want a bit of
security like user authentication).

I do have a nearly finished codeigniter/bonfire application that could run
on my server that does user authentication and I could add a module to that
to manage an exclusions list, but I have never quite got around to
finishing it.

Could just do it manually for now I suppose?

Graham.

> --

Graham Jones
Hartlepool, UK.