[Talk-GB] LCN - Local Cycle Network

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Mon Nov 28 18:29:41 GMT 2011

Andy Allan wrote:
> We definitely shouldn't be doing this! Even for tagging "proposed"
> routes I've always assumed that it should be "proposed by someone with
> the authority to create it" - e.g. Sustrans' proposed national cycle
> network routes, ....

Thanks Andy.  Makes sense to me.  Do you know if there is anywhere a
list of proposed Sustrans routes (not based on OS mapping hopefully)
that could be used for fact-checking some of the more wishful "proposed"
cycle ways in OSM?  The problem with "proposed" routes is that they
don't exist yet and so the usual "on the ground" check is difficult.

> ... or a local authorities proposal for a local network -
> i.e. not merely "proposed" by a campaign group. If there are routes in
> OSM that are neither signed nor likely to be created, then such
> wistful routes should be tagged, if at all, as something completely
> different.

As some sort of "note" I guess?  Any other ideas?

Cheers,
Andy