[Talk-GB] WWT Welney issues

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Sun Oct 2 22:42:49 BST 2011

I've just added some of the features of WWT's reserve at Welney, on
the Ouse Washes, which I visited today. I've come across some issues
I've not seen before (I've included FIXMEs for a few of them).

* The path around the reserve passes /through/ two buildings.

* One of the paths is only accessible to the public in summer.

* How to tag a reedbed used for water filtration

* How to tag the main areas of water - they're not marsh, they're not
ponds nor lakes (note: the Bing imagery was taken during a period of
flooding). Many are not permanently wet.

* How to tag a swan trap ( a kind of Heligoland trap
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heligoland_trap )

Suggestions?

--
Andy Mabbett