[Talk-GB] Trans Pennine Trail

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Thu Sep 22 17:00:51 BST 2011

I want to map part of the Trans Pennine Trail (TPT) [1]. Much of the
ways already exist in OSM because it uses NCN routes much of the way.
South of Manchester there is the NCN 62 which has a name=Trans Pennine
Trail [2]. This may be part of the TPT, but is not the whole route at all.

I would like to remove that name from the NCN 62 relation, create a new
relation for the TPT and add the parts I know about, mostly in East
Yorkshire. If someone can confirm that the NCN 62 is also part of the
TPT I will add that to the new relation also to not lose the info for
that route.

Anyone got any better ideas, objections or comments? Can anyone confirm
NCN 62 or part of it belongs in the TPT relation?

I also intend to create a relation for the Way of the Roses, which
similarly uses parts of various NCN routes along its route, so if you
want to add any other parts I don't know about please do. I heartily
recommend the section over the Yorkshire Wolds as a lovely place to be.

[1] http://www.transpenninetrail.org.uk/
[2] http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/74736

--
Cheers, Chris