[Talk-GB] British Antarctic Territories

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) ajrlists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 11:57:05 BST 2011

An unmapped area in OSM currently is the Antarctic Peninsular south of
Argentina. Thanks to the National Library of Australia I have a number of
mostly out of copyright (or nearly so) British Ordnance Survey Maps for the
British Antarctic Territories . The full list of them can be found here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:OS_Misc_maps.pdf

An example for Deception Island:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:OS_DeceptionIsland1960.png

If anyone is interested in this area let me know and I'll include getting
the maps scanned when I'm done others.

Most of the maps will have limited positional accuracy because the surveying
was mostly done by various Antarctic survey traverses, they do however have
plenty of place/natural feature names that will be useful. Place Names
should be those as agreed by the Antarctic Place-names Committee (APC).

Cheers
Andy