[Talk-GB] Highway lanes data for GB

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Thu Sep 29 14:32:37 BST 2011

Thanks Thomas.

As I have been adding this data to OSM I have realised how useful this data
is. I have worked in the transport field for many years now and have never
seen a highway 'capacity' map of the sort we are creating with both speed
limit and traffic lanes data. I was interested to see how few dual
carriageways there are in Norfolk for instance. The data must exist
somewhere, but not in a form that people use extensively.

Personally I would love to see if we can complete this data layer for
England/GB or UK soon. I will continue to chip away at the South East given
that that is where some of the worst congestion concerns are. What would be
great if others got stuck into working on other parts of the country. For
now I have only doing trunk roads and motorways.

Thanks for the appreciation of ITO Map. We are working very hard on an new
version with lots of new data and features.

Regards,

Peter Miller
ITO World Ltd
itoworld.com