[Talk-GB] Hampshire Vandalization - No Bere Forest?

Andy Street mail at andystreet.me.uk
Wed Apr 4 14:11:25 BST 2012

On Wed, 2012-04-04 at 13:12 +0100, monxton wrote:
> On 29/03/2012 21:38, Andy Street wrote:
> >
> > Yes, there were some rather over zealous remappers in this area.
> > Swanmore, the Forest of Bere and the surrounding area was left in a
> > right old mess which I'll have to fix. Sadly with the number of
> > overlapping changesets it's not going to be a simple revert job so this
> > weekend I'll probably end up going "scorched earth" on the whole area
> > followed by a proper on the ground re-survey.
>
> Andy, some large sections of the outline of the South Downs NP have also
> gone for  walk. Do you have the data to repair them too?

My original import of the SDNP boundary came from the OS OpenData
Strategi product and I am currently in the middle of repairing the
missing sections.

The Strategi data is rather low-res so if anyone has some free time and
fancies some armchair mapping then improving the quality of the data
would be a useful task. It is quite easy to see where the boundary
follows the edges of fields, woods, residential areas, etc; just use the
Strategi data as a guide and think like a planning inspector!

Cheers,

Andy