[Talk-GB] Southwest Coast Path (relation) has mostly disappeared.

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Thu Apr 5 13:18:12 BST 2012

Jason Cunningham wrote:
> I'm therefore concerned I may have done the dirty deed.

It wasn't you!

wget --timeout=120 http://api.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/relation/69318
shows that the current version is 1751

Looking at the sizes in bytes of previous versions (by doing e.g. wget
--timeout=120 http://api.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/relation/69318/1750 )
these are:

75536 02-23 18:48 1746
   601 02-23 22:03 1747
   644 02-24 06:51 1748
  1035 02-24 06:54 1749
  1421 02-24 06:58 1750

so it was at revision 1747 (timestamp="2012-02-23T23:03:39Z") that it
disappeared*.

However, the licence redaction is due to start shortly...

According to the analysis of who edited it:
http://wtfe.gryph.de/api/0.6/problems?relations=69318
It was edited by an "undecided" at some point.

I've not been keeping up with the licence-changeover relation
processing, but a quick search finds this mail:
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/rebuild/2012-March/000108.html

So the options basically are "revert the relation back to how it was at
rev 1746, and then have the licence redaction process the new (old)
relation" or "wait until the licence process has completed, and then
manually add back in those members that still exist and weren't added by
a decliner/undecided (since what's left after the licence process has
handled said ways may not have been what was in the relation".

Anyone got any thoughts on that?

Cheers,
Andy

* For those keeping scores, I'm aware of 6 "OMG a relation has
disappeared"s since late last year.  I believe that it's now 3-all (JOSM
v Potlatch).  This one was "JOSM/1.5 (4878 en_GB)".