[Talk-GB] Using UK v GB for uk speed limit tags

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 15:38:19 BST 2012

Good question. I had a quick look on google and found the following website:

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/speed-limits-how-they-are-set

One particular quote is of interest:
"Although national speed limits can be set for Northern Ireland separately
from the rest of the UK, it is current practice for those operating in GB
to be replicated here for consistency."

Maybe that doesn't help! Personally I would stick with "UK" unless the
above practice is changed. (In any case as you have pointed out it can be
argued that it doesn't matter as these tags can be automatically changed
based on location)

Regards,
RobJN