[Talk-GB] (Olympics) Gold postbox map - credits missing? add to metadata on tagged postboxes?

Neil Pilgrim osm-talk-gb at kepier.clara.net
Tue Aug 7 17:38:33 BST 2012

On 7 August 2012 17:19, Nick Whitelegg <Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk> wrote:

>>I noticed a few days ago that the royal mail has made a map of the
>>postboxes they've painted gold (just temporarily?) for this Olympics.
>>Quite nicely, they use OSM, but they don't (obviously? at all?) credit
>>OSM:
>>  http://www.goldpostboxes.com/
>
>> This has come up before on the talk list.
>> The site does now credit OSM - look at the bottom.

Ah, ok, thanks. I should probably subscribe to -talk as well as -gb...
though the torch route came up on -gb, which was why I posted here. I
naively expected the credit to be on the map...

There is some hint of the olympics on the wiki, but no obvious tagging
to date, at least by my taginfo searches.

--
Neil