[Talk-GB] Footway to Sidewalk?

Derick Rethans osm at derickrethans.nl
Tue Aug 21 13:21:03 BST 2012

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012, Philip Barnes wrote:

> Have just spotted this changeset, which has globally changed footway
> tags to sidewalk, the area covers the UK.
>
> Any thoughts, to me sidewalk is one of those American words that should
> not find its way into English.

They're not even equivalent things? I've mapped many things with
highway=footway, that are most definitely not "sidewalks". They go for
example between blocks of houses... or in the country side.

Also, mass-retagging I frown upon. Why was this even done?!

cheers,
Derick

--
http://derickrethans.nl | http://xdebug.org