[Talk-GB] Find My Nearest Cash Machine

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 18:44:14 BST 2012

On 21 August 2012 14:40, Sam Larsen <samlarsen1 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I don't really see the point of this thread.
> UK cash machine data is fairly dense in OSM, i very rarely find any that
> aren't already mapped.
> Can't we just extract OSM cash machines?  This will spur us on to map them
> better in OSM in areas that are lacking, which will lead to a better OSM
> dataset anyway.

A quick go at visualising 'amenity=atm' in OSM shown here if anyone is
interested - http://maps3.org.uk/AtmMap.
Note that this will not update automatically - my database is quite out of
date since the licence business started....
It is not really mobile friendly either - the datafile is about 500kb -
really needs to be split into data tiles, but that takes more than a half
hour train journey to sort out!

Graham.

> --

Graham Jones