[Talk-GB] Find My Nearest Cash Machine

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Tue Aug 21 22:19:37 BST 2012

On 21 Aug 2012, at 18:44, Graham Jones <grahamjones139 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 21 August 2012 14:40, Sam Larsen <samlarsen1 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I don't really see the point of this thread.
> UK cash machine data is fairly dense in OSM, i very rarely find any that aren't already mapped.
> Can't we just extract OSM cash machines?  This will spur us on to map them better in OSM in areas that are lacking, which will lead to a better OSM dataset anyway.
> A quick go at visualising 'amenity=atm' in OSM shown here if anyone is interested - http://maps3.org.uk/AtmMap.
> Note that this will not update automatically - my database is quite out of date since the licence business started....
> It is not really mobile friendly either - the datafile is about 500kb - really needs to be split into data tiles, but that takes more than a half hour train journey to sort out!

Seem Graham beat me to publishing a map of the ATMs:
http://www.itoworld.com/map/230

Here's a UK only ITO Map of the ATMs in OSM, including those part of a bank, and a whether the ATM charges a fee. I note that there are at least 5 ways that have been used to note that no fee is charged including no, None, Free, 0, and 0.00. I've only taken into account no and 0, as the fee can state the actual amount of the fee, I found it reasonable to use 0.

Shaun