[Talk-GB] On Countryside paths

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Wed Aug 22 09:39:41 BST 2012

>A UK renderer for OSM would be the way to go, that is able to use the
>OSM data and display rights of way. Would help to spot tagging errors,
>once they are shown correctly.

Would there be sufficient interest from the community for a UK OSM site to be hosted on OSM servers and talk to the main OSM "read-only" database? Would people want contours too?

If so I would be quite keen to do development work on it (I could re-use a lot of Freemap code)... just as long as I had free-reign to choose server- and client-side technologies.

Such a thing could then act as an "official" OSM walking map of the UK - which I think would be quite nice.

Nick