[Talk-GB] FInish (?) Surrey Footpaths Mapping Party - Doodle Poll

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Fri Aug 24 23:18:19 BST 2012

Hi,

Sometime in the next couple of months,  I'd like to run a footpaths party in SW Surrey. Most of Surrey's footpaths seem to be more-or-less-complete on OSM, but there is a missing area in SW Surrey, SW of Cranleigh, towards Dunsfold and Alfold. The idea of  this mapping party, originally suggested around a year ago, is to try  and complete as many footpaths as possible in this area.

Due to many of the local mappers in this area contributing to FOSM rather than OSM, I'd like to make this party licence-agnostic. The idea is to collect *all* the mapping data  for the party as a public domain-licenced .osm file, which can then be  incorporated into OSM or FOSM as people wish. So if (like myself) you're an OSM contributor, then contribute the data to OSM, if you contribute to FOSM then add the data to FOSM. So come along for what should hopefully be a fun mapping day!

Doodle poll for the date is at http://www.doodle.com/qdpixi3ctuetrf6d. Initial plan is just to do one day but it could be extended to a weekend if there is enough interest.

Nick