[Talk-GB] new contributor coming to coventry

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Wed Aug 29 10:06:31 BST 2012

On 28 August 2012 17:14, Florian LAINEZ <winnerflo at free.fr> wrote:

I'd like to introduce myself to the local community because I'm moving from
> Paris to Coventry in october because of my work.
>
> I map wherever I go with a Garmin Etrex 20. I like to map entire small
> villages and accessibility is my favorite topic : I want a map available
> also for disabled people.

Hi Florian,

Welcome to the Mappa Mercia community! And thank you for taking the time to
introduce yourself.

We have a Twitter account, which I manage:

   @mappamercia

The UK has some accessibility mapping projects like this one in which I'm
involved:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/mar/29/toilets-government-open-data

   http://www.toiletmap.co.uk/

http://pigsonthewing.org.uk/consultation-response-open-data-standard-public-toilets/

Coventry also has an active Wikipedia community, with regular meets and
museum collaborations. For example, their next event (sadly before your
arrival) is:

    http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_Takes_Coventry

I hope you enjoy your time in the West Midlands and look forward to meeting
you,

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing