[Talk-GB] UK Postcodes - Potential data source

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 13:48:17 BST 2012

Hi Gregory,

Unfortunately as you will see at the top of your first link, the current
advise is to NOT use the codepoint data set. This is due to possible
licensing issues, but also the data provides postcode centroids, whereas
what we really need is a link between address (survey-able) and postcode
(not easily survey-able).

On a more positive note, I am aware that this issue has been raised with
the Office of Public Sector Information (OPSI) and am hoping to get some
form of resolution on this issue soon.

In the mean time, I still believe that the Land Registry "Price Paid"
dataset give a fantastic link between address and postcode and can be used
in OSM.

Regards,
Rob