[Talk-GB] Hadrian's Wall

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 31 13:20:31 BST 2012

Ah yes I remember that carpark, and doing a circular walk along the wall to
the East.

I think the confusion is in part due to the cliffs, which seem to define
the wall more than any bricks there.
The route of the wall should be made up of a continuous line, but I don't
think it is all wall. We could split it up and tag some parts additionally
as wall. We could also add extra lines as barrier=wall. Such as around
forts.
I've done some edits in that area to make it clear.

There's a lot of detail that could be added by looking at walls on Bing
aerial imagery if someone wanted to sit down and do the tracing. I'm not
sure if the imagery is precisely positioned round there. I usually use JOSM
and offset the imagery so it matches my GPS traces, where I know the GPS
had good signal.

osm at livingwithdragons.com
http://www.livingwithdragons.com