[Talk-GB] Queen Elizabeth II playing fields

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 18:46:48 GMT 2012

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/10086205.Tribute_to_Queen_safeguards_Oxpens_Meadow/

>I've added the name of the meadow mentioned in this article, but does
anyone
>have a suggestion how to tag that it's been designated a QEII Field?  I'm
>not actually sure what it means, even after reading
>http://www.fieldsintrust.org/QEII.aspx and following links, but it looks
>like there's quite a few.

Hi

Good spot. I read the Fields in Trust (FIT) website with interest. In
summary, FIT is the new operating name for the National Playing Fields
Association, which is the trustee of the King George Fields Foundation.
This foundation was responsible for establishing playing fields as "King
George's Fields" where the landowner entered into a "Deed of Dedication"
declaring that the recreation ground shall "be preserved in perpetuity". As
such these playing fields are legally protected and as such I believe that
the designation tag is suitable:

* designation = King George’s Field

It looks like a similar legal designation will be made for the Queen
Elizabeth II Fields, so I suggest a polygon be drawn around these and
tagged with:

* designation = Queen Elizabeth II Fields
* and any other appropriate tag about the landuse/landcover (if any)

Regards,
Rob

p.s It may be worth someone contacting FiT to see if we can get a database
of the fields for use in OSM (i.e. permission to use the data under an open
licence).

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:designation