[Talk-GB] Yorkshire Dales or Forest of Bowland - unmapped areas?

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Mon Dec 17 13:31:06 GMT 2012

Hi,

Am thinking of getting away for 2 or 3 days early in the new year (1st-4th Jan) to somewhere hilly in the north of England within easy reach (by train/bus) of the Manchester area I haven't been to very often before, which would mean the Dales or the Forest of Bowland. Anyone from that area familiar with any areas which have good scenery and haven't had much in the way of footpath mapping?

Looking round the area on OSM it seems fairly well covered but then I don't know it too well.

If I decide on somewhere likely I can always organise a mapping party.

Thanks,
Nick