[Talk-GB] Yorkshire Dales or Forest of Bowland - unmapped areas?

Andy Robinson ajrlists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 15:29:26 GMT 2012

+1

From: Michael Collinson [mailto:mike at ayeltd.biz]
Sent: 17 December 2012 13:54
To: Nick Whitelegg
Cc: talk-gb at openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [Talk-GB] Yorkshire Dales or Forest of Bowland - unmapped areas?

Well, the scenery around Malham and upper Wharfedale, Nidderdale, Swaledale is simply the best in the world ... Though I do admit to a slight bias. The beer int half bad neether.

I have very extensively mapped and cross-referenced  Wharfedale+ paths and tracks from Npe, os25k and Bing but the area is crying out for extensive ground truthing, in particular adding modern official designations (hallo Freemap!) Perhaps only 20 - 40% is done? I only get to do one or two walks per year.

Mike