[Talk-GB] OS VectorMap District road files for Devon and Cornwall

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Mon Feb 6 15:55:33 GMT 2012

Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> There is lots that could be improved about this workflow:
> implementing TagTransform to remap tags automatically [...]
> I'm very very unlikely to have much time to do this before
> 1st April

Oh, ok then.

P2 now supports MapCSS-based tag transformations. Or in English:

When pulling data through from VectorMap District (or any other background
source), it will now magically change the tags from VMD's own to
OSM-standard ones. So "classifica=Local Street" magically becomes
"highway=residential", and so on.

To do this, load a tag-transforming MapCSS file _before_ loading the VMD
data. In the above instructions, add a new step 2-and-a-half:

"Paste http://richard.dev.openstreetmap.org/os/tagtransform.css into the
'Tag transform' box and click Load".

Have a look at http://richard.dev.openstreetmap.org/os/tagtransform.css if
you want to see how it works - it's pretty simple.

cheers
Richard