[Talk-GB] Surrey

Derick Rethans osm at derickrethans.nl
Tue Feb 21 16:12:01 GMT 2012

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012, Andrew wrote:

> I was reluctant to copy road names from OS OpenData
> in Weybridge though some other mappers were willing
> to do so. Does it make sense to get names in where
> people will not be visiting quickly?
>
> The council in Surrey Heath have been supporters of
> OSM. Has anyone contacted them and is it a venue for a
> meet-up?

I know I'd be willing to come back to beautiful Surrey for another
mapping party. We got quite a bit done, but not nearly there!
As for copying from OS OD stuff, I prefer a survey, but for hard (or far
away places), it's not a bad option, as long as it's marked that it
should need a survey really.

BTW, have you added your data yet so that I can wrap up our nice
progress video again?

cheers,
Derick

--