[Talk-GB] License change & anonymous edits

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Tue Jan 10 13:53:29 GMT 2012

On 10/01/2012 13:46, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> Michael Collinson wrote:
>> +1 to Richard's suggestion odbl=clean
>
> Just a tiny little clarification - this isn't something I've dreamed up,
> it's a real live tag with 9,000 occurrences in the database already, and
> which is being used by status visualisations such as OSM Inspector. :)

Yes, the trouble is when Frederik pointed this out and referred to the
page, it says it is for cases where the suspect edit has been wiped out,
not simply verified from other sources. How can you change the name from
itself to itself and actually have changed anything?

If odbl=clean is OK for this then that's great, but I am troubled that I
may go to a lot of trouble to deal with these and then find they get
removed anyway. The lack of clear direction is very frustrating (as is
the apparent need to do more work than necessary). It would be so much
easier if we knew for sure what the rules actually are.

David