[Talk-GB] GB License Change Readiness

Michael Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Wed Jan 11 09:15:58 GMT 2012

On 10/01/2012 19:34, Jason Cunningham wrote:
> Can anyone provide more detailed info on the final stance of the of
> the top decliners? Looking at one of the websites, some are Guy, Ed
> Avis, Andy Street, Simon Ward, Paul Martin and ulfl.
>
> I'd given a bit of though to mapping some of the areas that are to be
> affected by the loss of 'Guy's data in the southwest (a lot of data!).
> Would be upset to spend time remapping and then find out someone was
> in talks with him.

Jason,

As I understand it, ulfl will never agree to the new terms and I remap
everything I find in the UK and Sweden. Ditto with JohnSmith fixme
edits. You should find that ulfl edits are constructive but bot-like POI
corrections of tag keys and their spellings and forcing to lower case of
religions on churches ... just check that the IPR (Intellectual Property
Right) value comes from you or other accepted contributors.

Guy was contacted in November and again by me very recently but has not
responded. Not known if contact details valid.  A large part of his
contributions are unrefined waterway and road digitisations from NPE and
there is now much better complementary OS25k/Bing/StreetView. I feel
that we should make a start on these now, (I have, please join me), as
it is worthwhile whether or not he agrees ... it is just that they get
replaced rather than refined.

Paul Martin was contacted by me very recently but has not responded. Not
known if contact details valid. Apparently very unhappy with ODbL.

I have been talking to Ed Avis, Andy Street, Simon Ward. All are
reasonable people but with particular defined concerns.  I believe I
have directly met Andy's concerns as per
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Andy%20Street but he has not responded
since early December. I do not believe I can meet Ed and Simon's
concerns other than to be very aware of them and pledge to make sure
that they get properly aired and discussed on an ongoing basis; so I
appreciate that they have a difficult choice to make. Same with 80n.

Mike