[Talk-GB] The state of Bristol in OSM

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Fri Jan 13 20:03:11 GMT 2012

On 13/01/12 16:36, Tom Chance wrote:
> 2012/1/13 Tim François <sk1ppy14 at yahoo.co.uk
> <mailto:sk1ppy14 at yahoo.co.uk>>
>
>     Oh bummer - didn't mean to send to Talk-GB, just the local Bristol
>     mappers! Oh well, it's out there now...
>

> I think it's good to get everyone thinking about this for their local
> area. I've only recently started to do something about it, but it can
> take quite a lot of time to identify and contact people, wait for them
> to respond (or not) and then remap if necessary.
I've started replacing the problem areas in East Yorkshire. I am waiting
for a short while longer for the people who have not responded, but most
of their work is countryside footpaths which may not replaced until the
weather warms up and some of the mud dries out.

> I'd rather not find big chunks of south east London and little
> segments of major roads disappear overnight if I can help it.

+1

I've also been helping a new mapper in Lincolnshire. Sadly he was
improving an area that is by an undecided who hasn't responded to my
contact messages. The newbie knew nothing about the potential trap he
was walking into. I think we should be particularly vigilant about
making sure that newbies, who know nothing about the tools out there,
don't end up with their work compromised in 80 days time.

--
Cheers, Chris
user: chillly