[Talk-GB] Help with remapping

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Mon Jan 16 10:48:48 GMT 2012

Andy Allan wrote:
> [2] Originally meaning "this is a legally declared 'Public
> Footpath', it was ambiguously confused with a general
> legal right of walking (e.g. on a bridleway). Automatic
> inclusion on all footpaths of any type by potlatch1 for
> a number of years

[Brief historical footnote: P1 only ever included it on its "public
footpath" and "bridleway" presets (and note that the former was indeed
"public footpath" rather than "footpath" or "footway" or anything). I think
the original intention was that other people might contribute tag presets
for their own countries' path systems, but this was all about six years ago
when I was still young and green enough to think that people might ever
contribute tag presets. I'm not sure I ever thought that foot=yes meant
"this is a legally declared public footpath", I've always understood it to
have the second meaning ("public right of way for people on foot").]

As you were...

cheers
Richard