[Talk-GB] HS2 route is open data!

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Wed Jan 25 18:05:54 GMT 2012

On 24 January 2012 20:29, Andy Robinson <ajrlists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Fixed now (I hope!). Changeset for the HS2 data is No. 10485263 and
> relation number is 1986960.

Neat! Thanks Andy.

I am going to run up the line making a few tweeks. In particular:

1) Add 'proposed=rail' along all elements (to complement the rail=proposed
tag)
2) Add a 'proposed:maxspeed=225/250/400' etc based on the info in the
'design_line_speed' tag.
3) Merge the ways (and relation) with existing tracks where HS2 is 100% on
top of an existing track alignment which it is going to replace. This
certainly appears to be what is planned for part of the route out of London
- I will check the docn first.

Regards,

Peter