[Talk-GB] Island in lake ...

John Sturdy jcg.sturdy at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 22:01:31 GMT 2012

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 9:55 PM, Lester Caine <lester at lsces.co.uk> wrote:
> OK how do I draw the shape for an island in the middle of a lake ...
> I seem to recall something about getting the inner and outer paths running
> in the correct direction?

I've heard rumours that that was once the case, but I don't think it
is now.  Select the lake outline, use "add to relation" --> "new
relation" --> "advanced" --> "multipolygon" (in Potlatch, I don't know
JOSM) and close the "add to relation" box, set the role to "outer",
then select the island outline, do "add to relation", choose the
multipolygon you've just created, and set the role to "inner".

__John