[Talk-GB] Millennium Greens & Doorstep Greens

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Wed Jul 4 13:00:51 BST 2012

Don't know if I did it right, but I mapped Wem millennium garden using leisure =park, designation =Wem millennium garden.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/147994711.

Phil
--

Sent from my Nokia N9

On 04/07/2012 12:42 Rob Nickerson wrote:

Hi All,

I am looking for suggestions on how to tag Millennium Greens. Some background information can be found on wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Green

Searching OSM for name=Millennium Green shows that these are currently mapped as:

 * parks
 * village greens
 * nature reserves
 * recreation grounds
 * common land

To me it looks like leisure=park is best (with the others used only when the exact same land area is also designated as one of the other types, all of which seem to have some official meaning). However this does not cover the Millennium Green status - perhaps designation=millennium_green?

Alternatively we tag an area as leisure=millennium_green or designation=millennium_green just round the designated area and leave the park/common/whatever tag on a separate way (e.g. Millennium Greens may comprise part of a larger open space).

Any thoughts welcome.

Rob

p.s. A similar tag scheme is needed for http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doorstep_Greens