[Talk-GB] Millennium Greens, Doorstep Greens & CROW Open Area land

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 18:00:34 BST 2012

What problem? None really. Just trying to add some details to this aspect
of OSM. Although the funding is provided by the lottery the land has a
designation within central government. The fact that the land is designated
a millennium green means that certain conditions exist. Quoting from
wikipedia:

* not more than 10% of the land should be made/left as hard areas
* no buildings to be built on the land
* the land should not be used for formal sporting and recreation areas, so
that no pitches or playground apparatus were to be built
* an area suitable for community events and celebrations.

Thought this may be of interest for some people. Similar argument for CROW
Open Access Land, etc.. It shouldn't be too hard to add the details as most
of the MGs are mapped and the data is part of Natural Englands recent
release, thus it is simply a case of checking the 2 tally and applying a
tag. Any that don't match we can go and survey.

Rob