[Talk-GB] Supermarkets being changed

Borbus borbus at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 08:07:59 BST 2012

On 03/07/12 23:22, Ben Pollinger wrote:
> Some of these have since been altered to remove the shop and name keys
> from the area, then adding a node with these tags roughly to the
> middle of the area.
>
> E.g. http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/11182447

User ehm1806 has been doing quite a lot of edits that mess up areas.  A
number of multipolygons were broken and I lost some information about
the barriers in the process of cleaning it up.  I have contacted them
and told them to look out for multipolygons, ie. if they're rendered on
mapnik, but not in Potlatch, then it's probably a multipolygon.

The user should probably be asked to leave meaningful changeset comments
as well.  Quite honestly, I think it should be a requirement.  No free
software project would merge changes without at the very least a one
line comment, often much more is required.  Personally I self impose the
requirement, it really makes you think about what you're doing and
whether it's better for the map.

--
Borbus.