[Talk-GB] Hampshire Meetup - Botley - 25/07/12

Robert Norris rw_norris at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 21 13:46:37 BST 2012

Some time ago I mentioned a Hampshire area meetup, however with a busy schedule of summer time sport (Euros/TdF/Wimbledon) and poor weather I haven't been particularly motivated, however this week looks very promising.

I propose the Bugle Inn at Botley at 8pm on Wednesday the 25th for July.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=50.91443&lon=-1.27005&zoom=15&layers=M

This pub (http://www.thebugleinnbotley.co.uk/) is not in OSM.

I suspect I will be cycling there to checkout out some missing footpaths* nearish (pushing the bicycle appropriately).

Attached is a small track from Botley to the train station and nearby missing footpaths* which someone might find useful.

*Missing paths derived from the Hampshire CC ROW KML listing.

Other opportunities for mapping before / during / after the meet up are:

Missing / incorrect road names:
http://www.itoworld.com/product/data/osm_analysis/map_browser?bbox=449642.299583,111631.24375,453341.992083,113900.99375&layers=os_locator&base_style=white,aa_2&clear_map_history=true&referrer=area

Speed limits.

POIs in Botley village centre

etc...

Since I plan to cycle around I will almost definitely stop in for pint regardless, it would be nice to see some follow OSMers.

Feel free to promote this on the wiki (I don't have time ATM)

Be Seeing You - Rob.
If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving isn't for you.