[Talk-GB] PRoW Ref tagging when ROW is also a road

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 19 14:11:30 BST 2012

On 19 June 2012 14:07, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:

> David Groom wrote:
> > However at the north end there is a (newly erected) public footpath
> > sign showing a footpath ref of B64, pointing straight down this road,
> > and the definitive map shows this as a footpath.
>
> I use "admin:ref" for refs that are predominantly intended for
> administrative usage, rather than public-facing usage.

Now that sounds like tagging for the renderer.

The problem in the stated case, is that there is potentially a footpath ref
and a road ref.
I would want to suggest something like footpath:ref=B64 or prow:ref=B64,
but I don't think either is used or documented anywhere.

--
Gregory
osm at livingwithdragons.com
http://www.livingwithdragons.com